EBCS Marine, LLC
Experience: June 2009 – Present President EBCS Marine
SAMS Accredited Marine Surveyor Specializing in Yachts of all types of construction including wood and cold molded, FRP, Aluminum, & Steel.
· USCG Licensed Master of 100 Ton Vessels - held 2nd Mate Unlimited
· United States Coast Guard Title 46 CFR Examiner
· Certified Commercial Vessel Safety Inspector
· Certified Compass Adjuster - Authorized Repair Facility
June 2007 – June 2009 Staff Marine Surveyor – Travelers Insurance
· Licensed Claim Handler TX, RI, CT – Technical Specialist
· 2008 Performance Appraisal – Exceeds Expectations
Sept 2000 – June 2007 Service/Project Manager – Hinckley Yacht Services, Inc.
June 1990 - June 2000 Marina Manager for Standish Boat Yard, Inc.
June 1987 - June 1990 Ship’s Officer for Texaco Marine Services, Inc. - Third and Second Mate
Sept. 1979 - Sept. 1983 United States Coast Guard - E1 - Quartermaster E5
June 1969 - Sept 1979 Jim grew up on the premises of Standish Boat Yard in Tiverton, RI, learning and experiencing every aspect of boat &
yacht maintenance first hand.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy - Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation, May 1987
United States Coast Guard Title 46 CFR Examiner
Commercial Vessel Safety Inspector
American Boat & Yacht Council Member